Adult & Aging Services
Cash Assistance Programs
Child Support Enforcement
Food Assistance Programs
Medical Assistance Programs
Food Assistance Program
The Food Assistance Program provides monthly benefits to low-income households to assist
with the cost of food.
You may be eligible for food assistance if you:
- Are unemployed, work part-time, or work for low wages
- Receive other public assistance payments
- Are elderly or disabled and live on a small monthly income
- Are homeless
How to Apply
Pick up an application from our office, call to have one mailed to you, or apply online.
Bring the completed application for assistance and all required documentation into our office. Applications cannot be processed without all required documents, which include:
*Check if you may be eligible by using the Program Eligibility Application Kit (PEAK) tool
- Proof of Identity (driver's license, ID card, resident card, U.S. passport, etc.)
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Proof of any income (pay stubs, letter from employer, etc.)
- Proof of any non-work income (unemployment, social security, child support payments, etc.)
Application Process Period
Food assistance applications will be processed within 30 days from the date our office receives
your completed application and all required documents.
Households that meet expedited criteria can receive food benefits within 7 days from the date of application.
|Gross monthly income
(130 percent of poverty)
|Net monthly income
(100 percent of poverty)
|Each additional member||+451
Visit the Colorado Department of Human Services website for more information about the Food Assistance Program.
205 S. 6th Street
P.O. Box 929
Westcliffe, CO 81252
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline: