Adult & Aging Services
Cash Assistance Programs
Child Support Enforcement
Food Assistance Programs
Medical Assistance Programs
Old Age Pension (OAP)
The Old Age Pension (OAP) program provides financial and medical assistance to individuals
who are 60 years of age or older and meet state mandated income and resource guidelines.
The OAP program provides financial benefits up to $773 per month. Any other income such
as wages, Social Security benefits (SSA), supplemental security income (SSI), veteran's
assistance, etc. may reduce the amount of the OAP payment.
An applicant / recipient's income cannot exceed the grant standard of $773 per month.
A spouse's income is countable in determining eligibility. An applicant / recipient's
countable resources cannot exceed $2,000 for an individual or $3,000 for a couple. Some
types of countable resources are cash (not spent in the month you receive it), checking or
savings accounts, certificates of deposits, vehicles, boats, motor homes, stocks and bonds,
life insurance, burial contracts or policies, and secondary property.
How to Apply
Pick up an application from our office, call to have one mailed to you, or apply online.
Bring the completed application for assistance and all required documents into our
office. Applications cannot be processed without all required documents, which include:
- Proof of age (driver's license, U.S. passport, birth certificate, state ID card, etc.)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, U.S. passport, Social Security card, etc.)
- Proof of Colorado residency (driver's license, lease, utility bill, voter registration, etc.)
- Proof of income (pay stubs, verification of Social Security or SSI, etc.)
- Proof of any resources (bank statements, statements for investment accounts, stocks, bonds, vehicle registration for all vehicles, boats, motor homes, life insurance policies, etc.)
Application Process Period
OAP applications will be processed within 45 days from the date our office receives your
completed application and all required documents.
205 S. 6th Street
P.O. Box 929
Westcliffe, CO 81252
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline:
Application for Public Assistance. (Opens in PDF)